Is Reproductive Counselling For Me?
If you or someone close to you is struggling with fertility, you may be experiencing a variety of emotions. If these emotions are impacting your daily life, New Origins Counselling can help normalize your experience and provide the therapy, education and coping skills necessary to manage the process of infertility treatment.
Reproductive counselling is a dynamic, collaborative process between the therapist and the client. At NOC, our goal is to help you understand and process your emotions so that you can move on with fertility treatments or explore other options. We provide a safe and nurturing environment where clients can make better, clearer choices about their fertility by helping them identify their strengths and create a more meaningful and engaged life.
- Are you consumed with thoughts of infertility?
- Are your relationships strained with partner, family, friends or colleagues?
- Are you experiencing a loss of interest in usual activities?
- Are you having changes in your sleeping/eating patterns?
- Are you struggling with low self-esteem and identity issues?
- Are you feeling isolated and/or lonely in response to your fertility journey?
- Are you unhappy because you are having feelings such as jealousy and anger towards others?
- Are you fearful of not achieving future dreams?
- Are you feeling judged and pressured by your surrounding community?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you may feel that others are not able to understand or recognize your reproductive challenges thus making a counselling relationship particularly helpful during this difficult time.
Janna and Karin have been the Program Counsellors in the UBC Centre for Reproductive Health for eight years, and have provided a remarkable level of comfort and support to the individuals and couples who have sought treatment with us.
Each of them has developed significant expertise in recognizing and dealing with the multiple issues that arise from use of assisted reproductive technology.
They have conducted group and individual sessions that invariably have left the participants feeling that their needs were understood and that they could deal successfully with the circumstances in which they found themselves.
Janna and Karin are both extremely warm and personable, and I can recommend their professional services without reservation.